Thursday, August 5, 2010

Countdown

I'm not going to lie, it sucks every Monday through Friday when I have to drop Bubby off with the babysitter. It has gotten easier since he was just a wee little babe but still hard none the less. Its not fair to him that he has to spend 10 hours a day with someone while I only work an 8 hour shift. But it is what it is and some day (hopefully sooner then later) he will not have go with some one else for 10 hours. Or sit in traffic to get there and to get back home. And we can spend our days together....

As I pulled up to my babysitter's house this morning she was out watering her potted plants in her driveway and front porch. Bub gets out of the car and is happy to see her and show her his truck of the day. I put his bag inside the house and come back out to kiss him and wish him a good day. I hop back in my car and pull out of her driveay and Bubby comes running to the edge of her yard screaming "BYE MOMMA!!!!" and waving his little arm so hard! I shout out the window "BYE BUBBY! I LOVE YOU!" in return and blow him a kiss, check my rear view mirrors to make sure he runs back to the front porch and realize I don't have a baby anymore but a little boy.

So I will keep counting the days till I no longer have to be a slave to a desk and push papers around and instead be at home with the our children, doing fun things and learning new stuff and not getting juice and fruit snacks all day! Hopefully sooner then later....

1 comment:

Cozart Family said...

Hi Ami, I so can relate!! I hate the drop off and pick up and missing the baby, um I mean kids. I hate that I have to rely on someone else to teach and love my kids during the day cause I am not able to do so. We are hopeful that sooner not later I will be able to be home with them as well.
Have a good day, Traci