Monday, December 7, 2009

11 this morning....

So, my employer let the accounts receivable clerk go last Friday( I'll call her L). I was very upset about this decision and, although I didn't work directly with L and not trained in her position, I felt her supervisor told lies to human resources that led to L being let go. My company has slowed down considerably in the past few months and have had to let under performing field labors go but L was a very diligent worker and the company just threw that away.

I was not looking forward to coming into work today at all since I share an office with the accounts receivable department. I didn't want to face the a/r manager (I'll call her T) at all that I told myself I would not talk to her at all today. Not that I would be rude to T but that just because we were in the same office, didn't mean that we have to be besties. I was holding up pretty good to my "just sit and your desk and mind your own business" attitude until about 11 this morning. That's when everything changed.

I told Justin on Friday that if my supervisors came to me and wanted me to help with a/r I would reject it immediately. I didn't want to work under T; she is the most negative person I've ever met and I'm getting tired of all of it. It brings me down listening to her complain about everything!

So this morning about 11 am, my supervisor asked to speak with me with another supervisor. So I enter the conference and my two supervisors and T are in there waiting for me. And my heart sinks. They pretty much tell me that I get to be trained in T's position and I am to train T in my position so that when T is on maternity leave, I will handle her desk. This is the point where I was suppose to stand up and say "NO! T is an awful supervisor! I can't work with her! I don't want this position! T lied about L! L stood her ground and was tired of being bossed around by T and should not have been fired for that! Why does T get to say when L goes to lunch? We all go at various times as long as we are back in our allotted time? T is always late but tattles on L? She's knows L was good and was threatened so she made things seem worse! T had a huge smile on her face, very much like the Grinch did when he stole Christmas, while L packed up her personal belongings! But the Grinch changed!!!! T will never change!!!! NO!!! Can't do it!"

But I didn't. Instead, I smiled and said "I would love to, it would be a great challenge and I'm ready to learn something new with this company."

What's wrong with me! I knew this was going to happen and I practice my speech (or vent) in my head all weekend long. But with T being in the conference room it threw me off. Plus, I wasn't asked if this was something I wanted to do or given time to think about it.

Our safety manager came in this morning and was all cheery. He said "The sun is still shining. It's just on top of the clouds!" At the time I thought that he is the weirdest person here. But after 11 am I know that I was suppose to hear that. The next few months might be cloudy and rainy but the sun is still shining. And once T goes on maternity leave maybe there will be rainbow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sucks Ami, especially when you could have been fired if they are cutting back and you had turned it down. However, you will kick butt in her position, and maybe when she goes on maternity leave, they will see that you are better in the job and she will be let go! Good luck!!