Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Truthful Tuesday

Confessions from a Working Mom
"What do you really want for Christmas that money can't buy?"
Well, since I've started this post at 7:50am and it's now 9:50am, looked at a few other peoples post to see what they say but my mind has been thinking about Chris.
For those of you who don't know, my very close friend Chris Franks was in a terrible accident in September. While in her husband's truck, she was leaning from the passenger side over the center console and into the driver side trying to give her adult daughter a kiss goodnight when she slipped and slid out the door, landed on her head on the grass. She was rushed to the hospital where it was discovered she had broken her C1 and C2 vertebrae. She is now paralyzed from the neck down. She still needs a ventilator to breathe but is making great progress and is now in a rehab facility and hopefully coming home before Christmas. (You can go to her website for more details, updates and info about her flower shop in Anaheim Hills @ http://www,caringbridge.com/chrisfranks)
So my wish.....is for her. Wanting some type of miracle that would be able to repair the damaged caused and she will be able to talk, walk, and live like the way she is used to. But that is not going to happen. So I wish that the doctors will release her and she can be able to spend the holidays resting at home, where she and her family want to be. See, her family is pretty much demanding that she be released since she will be doing the same things at home and will be having nurses and pt's coming in anyways, so why not have her home sooner then later.
My only other wish seems to be going to happen too! For many years, being a child of divorced parents, I've always run around going to many different places on Christmas. And once I moved in with Justin, his family was included too. So this year, I wanted to spend all Christmas Day at our house, opening presents with Caleb in the morning and having both of our families over for dinner. I know that this can't happen every year and that it will be hard to keep the same traditions with having 4 sets of parents between Justin and I just once I didn't want to do all the running around. It defeats the purpose of the spirit of Christmas when we have to drive from Elsinore, to Corona, to Oceanside, to whereever else then finally home. Well, Justin's dad finally said they will be coming over! I'm so excited! To have everyone over and make dinner, it will be good times. Plus, our house is finally big enough to have everyone over and be comfortable. So let the planning begin!

4 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

What beautiful wishes! I will keep your friend in my prayers; I cannot imagine the toll that accident has taken on her and her family.

And hooray for a Christmas on YOUR terms. We are doing the same this year in my family, and I'm stoked!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

TAMMY said...

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you get both your Christmas wishes!

Cozart Family said...

Wow, that was a very sweet Christmas wish. I hope your wishes come true. I understand the running around on Christmas oh to well. I hate that part and actually makes me dread the holidays a bit. We rotate Christmas and Christmas eve between my family and Kents. So every other year we are at the opposite house for that day. When do we get to do Christmas as a family? When do my kids get to enjoy their Santa gift? Its totally sucks.

Anonymous said...

That will be fun for Caleb to have everyone at his house! Sometimes our Christmas Eve is at home, and sometimes its only Christmas Morning. It is fun to see everyone no matter where we have to go. Remember, even those coming to your house have to go visit people too!! I hope Chris gets to go home for Christmas, she would be much more comfortable there.