Wednesday, December 30, 2009

DELIGHT in the new year

So, I've seen over on other bloggers about picking out a word for the year. I thought that it was a cool idea. I had a couple words in mind but yesterday I stumbled upon the word DELIGHT. I looked it up (I know what it means but wanted the exact definition, people!) and the verb definition seemed so fitting - make happy, experience happiness. Now I'm not depressed or anything like that. I need to make sure to delight myself every once in awhile--pedicures, craft time, shopping, lunch with girlfriends sans children and husbands. As a mom I want to make sure to delight Caleb and enjoy time with him even if that means the dinner dishes get done another day just so I can sit in the living room floor and play cars with him. Making sure he is healthy and happy is my #1 priority. As a wife, well Justin should be delighted enough that I married him right? Okay, okay maybe not enough but we need to delight ourselves with more date nights and going snowboarding, something he promised me that we will do since I have never been. But really just to experience happiness.

No comments: